Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Whats New??

Hi everyone! These past couple of months have been quite busy. I was gone for almost a month on a well needed camping trip to Nova Scotia, Canada, started a new job, and I am now ready to get back into the swing of things (making some new artwork!). I am pretty excited about it. I have some ideas for some 5 layer screen prints that I will be creating pretty soon. I am also going to start making some "functional art" like pillows, blankets, and bags. I have already been creating bags, but I might experiment with printing my own fabric, much like I did for the dress I made for my senior show at MIAD. Here are a few pics of the bags I have made so far:




Black linen bag with purple cotton inside








grey linen bag with green cotton inside (first bag I made)





tan natural fabric with black and white cotton inside










My favorite! Yellow linen and tan natural fabric with black floral cotton inside!



Here are some screen printed cards that i have made:








LAST but not LEASE! I am currently showing at GLAAS cafe in Sturgeon Bay, WI. It is a small show featuring the work of students from Sturgeon Bay high school that have gone on to study art in college! Here is what my painting looks like:


Alright I think I covered everything! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment